Health and Wellness
Mindfulness for BIPOC
Tuesday, April 11 from 1:30-2pm at WesWell (287 High St., 2nd Floor)
Looking for a pause in community? Join us at WesWell for a special mindfulness session for BIPOC. We will engage in breathing techniques, meditation, and conversation. Refreshments will be provided. Hope to see you there!
The Moon & You: Astrology as Self-Care Workshop
Friday, April 7 from 2-3pm at Eclectic (200 High St.)
Interested in astrology and want to know how to use it to take care of yourself and be in touch with your emotional needs? Join WesWell and CAPS to learn more about the moon in astrology, do some journal prompts, and to engage in discussion and experiential activities. Please know your moon sign ahead of time ( you can try astro.com or astro-seek.com to find out your moon sign by generating your natal chart.) PS – it’s happening the day after the Full Moon in Libra, so you’ll be in your feelings anyway — you might as well come along…
QPR Training 3/29
Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Training for Suicide Prevention
Wednesday, 3/29 from 4:30-6:30pm in Usdan 110
QPR is a suicide prevention training that teaches participants how to engage with a person who might be suicidal and get them to a supportive resource. In this training, you will learn facts and figures about suicide, what the warnings signs are (verbal, behavioral, and situational), and how to engage in a productive and direct dialogue with someone who might be at risk. No RSVP required — simply show up. There’s space for 25 students to attend. Any questions? Email Chelsie Green at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready for a change this year? Join WesWell on Zoom on Tuesday, January 17, from 1:30-2pm EST for a workshop where we chat a bit about intentions, goals, and habits, and go through a habit and goal setting exercise together. Access the workshop here.
WesWell Anxiety Workshop
Join WesWell for a workshop on anxiety – Wed 10/26 at 7pm (Boger 114).
Fresh Check Day (10/27)
Fresh Check Day is a fun fair-like event, featuring snacks, t-shirts, games, interactive booths and activities, prizes, and more. Overall it is a great opportunity for students to check in on their mental health and get resources to support them while at Wes. This year our grand prizes are an Amazon Fire tablet, a yoga kit and some Wes gear.
Upcoming CAPS Workshops & Groups
Lots of opportunities to connect with the supportive team at Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)!
- Making Connections: Thursdays (9/15, 9/22, 9/29); 12pm – 1:30pm; Resource Center
- Attuned Eating: Tuesdays (starting 9/27 for 4 weeks); 4:15pm – 4:45pm; CAPS Solarium
- Healing Connections: Wednesdays; 12-1pm; WesWell 2nd Floor
- Rewrite Your Narrative: Mondays (10/3, 10/10, 10/17); 5:15pm – 6:30pm; Downey Room 100
- Slow Stitch: Mondays (9/26 – 11/14); 12:15-pm; WesWell 2nd Floor
- Sleep 101: Thursday 10/20; 4:15-5:00pm; Usdan 114
- Understanding Self and Others for Gender Diverse Folx: Wednesdays at 5pm; CAPS Solarium
- Understanding Self and Others for Women: Thursdays at 5:30pm; Downey House 100
- Understanding Self and Others for Men: Thursdays at 4:30pm; Downey House 100