Join WesWell for a workshop on anxiety – Wed 10/26 at 7pm (Boger 114).
Health and Wellness
Fresh Check Day (10/27)
Fresh Check Day is a fun fair-like event, featuring snacks, t-shirts, games, interactive booths and activities, prizes, and more. Overall it is a great opportunity for students to check in on their mental health and get resources to support them while at Wes. This year our grand prizes are an Amazon Fire tablet, a yoga kit and some Wes gear.
Upcoming CAPS Workshops & Groups
Lots of opportunities to connect with the supportive team at Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)!
- Making Connections: Thursdays (9/15, 9/22, 9/29); 12pm – 1:30pm; Resource Center
- Attuned Eating: Tuesdays (starting 9/27 for 4 weeks); 4:15pm – 4:45pm; CAPS Solarium
- Healing Connections: Wednesdays; 12-1pm; WesWell 2nd Floor
- Rewrite Your Narrative: Mondays (10/3, 10/10, 10/17); 5:15pm – 6:30pm; Downey Room 100
- Slow Stitch: Mondays (9/26 – 11/14); 12:15-pm; WesWell 2nd Floor
- Sleep 101: Thursday 10/20; 4:15-5:00pm; Usdan 114
- Understanding Self and Others for Gender Diverse Folx: Wednesdays at 5pm; CAPS Solarium
- Understanding Self and Others for Women: Thursdays at 5:30pm; Downey House 100
- Understanding Self and Others for Men: Thursdays at 4:30pm; Downey House 100
Wes Speed Friending (9/7 at 6pm)
Think speed dating – but you’re finding friends! Finding it hard to meet new friends and make connections? Looking for ways to be more social this semester?
Check out Speed Friending for fun icebreakers, great conversation, new friends, and free pizza!
Image Description: Text reads “Wes Speed Friending September 7th @6:00PM North College Lobby. Come for the pizza, stay for the connection.”
Final Weekly Roundup Email for the 2021-2022 Academic Year
Good morning, Class of 2025 –
I hope this weekly email finds you well. If you can believe it, there are only 6 more days until the last day of classes! For many of us, this year has been filled with lots of excitement and challenges. I am confident you will continue to experience this fluctuation as you progress through your Wesleyan career; however, my hope is that you are now more aware of resources that can help you during any part of your time here at Wesleyan.
Some upcoming dates and/or events that may be of interest to you:
- Wellness Resources: End of the semester can cause stress as due dates quickly approach. Make yourself aware of both in and out-of-the-classroom resources to finish the semester strong. This includes but is not limited to meeting with your professors, talking with your course assistants, scheduling an appointment with an Academic Peer Advisor, reviewing resources offered through Student Academic Resources (SAR), meeting with me, visiting CAPS, WesWell and/or the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life. If you need assistance navigating resources, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
- Wes Day (5/5 from 12pm – 5pm): WesDay is a great opportunity to interact with the entire campus community. In addition to free carnival food, we’ll enjoy carnival rides, games, music, therapy dogs, wellness activities and novelties such as stuff-a-bear and pot your own succulent plant. Fried dough, popcorn, ice cream, and cotton candy provided at no charge to the first 1500 attendees. Food Trucks include Los Mariachi’s, Jackie’s Pizza the Pie, and Fryborg. Food truck tickets must be purchased at the Box Office in Usdan for $5 before the event and $10 on the day of the event. More info on Wes Day as well as other end of the year events can be found on WesNest on WesPortal.
You have what it takes to finish this semester strong. Pushing yourself to be successful academically does not have to happen alone. Take stock of the resources shared with you on this weekly email and think about what resources you used this year that worked to your advantage. If you didn’t use any resources, think about ways in which you can utilize resources in the future to get even more out of your courses.
You should be proud of how far you’ve come as you complete your first year of study at Wesleyan. I look forward to supporting you as you continue on this journey. If you’re up to it, feel free to send me an email sharing with me your favorite part about your first year at Wesleyan. I’d be delighted to celebrate with you all of your wins and successes this year.
Take care! Dean Dunn
Upcoming CAPS Workshops
Check out the following flyers to learn more about upcoming workshops offered by Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
Weekly Roundup – Class of 2025
Greetings, Class of 2025!
Who likes a good count down? As of yesterday (4/5), we officially hit the four-week mark until the last day of spring semester classes. Everything you’ve worked so hard on this semester is coming together. Keep up the great work!
Here are some upcoming events/dates that may be of interest:
- Well Being Wednesday (WBW) – Everyone can benefit from learning about ways to support well-being. Well-Being Wednesday (WBW) is a weekly virtual workshop on various well-being topics. Each workshop will involve a combination of elements including presentation/lectures, videos/TedTalks, Do-It-Yourself activities, and trivia. Register here to receive the virtual link for each Well-Being Wednesday session.
- Wes Day (5/5 from 12pm – 5pm) – WesDay is a great opportunity to interact with the entire campus community. In addition to free ice cream and tie dye, we’ll enjoy carnival rides, games, wellness activities and novelties such as stuff-a-bear and pot your own succulent plant. Fried dough, popcorn, and cotton candy provided at no charge to attendees. Students and faculty will perform music all afternoon at the base of Foss Hill.
- Pre-Registration: Pre-registration for Fall 2022 course selection began on 3/29 and runs through 4/11. Be sure to visit the Registrar’s page to review resources such as the Student User Guide to Pre-Registration and more to help you maximize course selection. If you haven’t yet, be sure to connect with your pre-major advisor to discuss your anticipated course load.
- Withdrawal Deadline (4/27) – Last day to withdraw from full semester and 4th quarter classes.
Be sure to end your semester strong by utilizing the many resources available to you as a Wesleyan student. Not sure where to turn? Contact me and I can point you in the right direction.
Looking for ways to support your well-being? Attend Well-Being Wednesday!
Well-Being Wednesday (WBW) is a weekly virtual workshop on various Well-Being topics. Each workshop will involve a combination of elements including: Presentation/Lecture, Videos/TedTalks, Do-It-Yourself Activities, and even Trivia. During the Spring Semester, WBW will run from April 06 – May 04. Register HERE to receive the virtual link for each of these Well-Being Wednesday sessions. Sessions are open to students, staff, and faculty. Sponsored by WesWell.
Fresh Check Day – 10/27
Don’t miss Fresh Check Day TOMORROW, Oct 27th from 11AM-2PM at Usdan.
Check in on your mental health at this fun fair-like event! Featuring snacks, t-shirts, games, interactive booths and activities, great prizes, and more! It’s a fun way to check in on your mental health! You can connect with peers and resources that will be at Fresh Check Day!
Come for a chance to win an Amazon Fire Tablet!