Take a break from studying with aromatherapy today (Monday 12/13) at the Resource Center (167 High Street) from 4pm to 6pm.
Consider signing up to be a Winter Language Buddy. If any of the statements below apply to you, you should apply.
· You want to keep practicing the language you’re learning.
· You want to help someone practice a language they’re learning.
· You want to brush up on your previous language skills.
· You are in need of a buddy to talk to over the winter break.
Sign up here by Monday, December 20th.
Questions? Feel free to reach out to Emmanuel Paris-Bouvret at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Wes community in celebrating International Education Week from 11/13 – 11/19. Browse the flyer below or visit this link to learn more.
Centered around National First Generation College Celebration Day on Nov. 8th, this week of events is co-sponsored by the FGLI Advisory Board, Gordon Career Center, Office for Equity and Inclusion, and The Resource Center to help support and celebrate Wesleyan’s fgli student community. If you identify as fgli and/or an ally of the fgli community, come celebrate with us at the following events! Check out all the great events Wes offers this week to celebrate national first generation day on 11/8!
Hello, Class of 2025
I hope you had a chance to rest and reboot during fall break. As we enter the second half of the fall semester, continue to utilize resources on campus that can support your success. This includes but is not limited to speaking directly with faculty, meeting with teaching and course assistants and utilizing student academic resources. If you haven’t used any of these resources yet and want assistance figuring out where to begin, schedule an appointment with me to chat or stop by my office hours in North College 202 (listed below).
Monday 2:00 – 3:00 pm
Tuesday 3:00 – 4:00 pm
Wednesday 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 – 11:00 am
Friday 9:00 – 10:00 am
You are also likely aware that spring course registration has started. Be sure to meet with your faculty advisor to discuss what courses you hope to take in the spring. Your faculty advisor, as well as our Academic Peer Advisors (APAs), can help you map out your course schedule.
Additionally, our APAs will host drop-in hours to assist with course registration on Thursday 11/11 from 4 – 6pm at the Exley tables in front of the fishbowl. If these drop-in hours do not work with your schedule, email the APAs directly at email@example.com.
Monday, November 8th is National First Generation College Celebration Day (commonly shortened to First Gen Day). Wesleyan will honor and celebrate what it means to be a first generation college student with a festive and informal gathering for all members of the Wesleyan community who identify as first gen.
Please join us on Monday, 11/8 from 4:30-6:00pm in the Labyrinth Tent (behind 287 High Street and the World Music Hall). Stop by when you can, and leave when you must. There will be brief remarks at 5:00pm.
Don’t miss Fresh Check Day TOMORROW, Oct 27th from 11AM-2PM at Usdan.
Check in on your mental health at this fun fair-like event! Featuring snacks, t-shirts, games, interactive booths and activities, great prizes, and more! It’s a fun way to check in on your mental health! You can connect with peers and resources that will be at Fresh Check Day!
Come for a chance to win an Amazon Fire Tablet!
Fall Break is so close! What a great chance to take a pause and reflect on how much you have accomplished this semester. A few updates to consider as you round out the next few weeks:
- Winter Session Aid Applications are now open. If you are thinking about taking a Winter Session course, please apply for aid now. Applying for aid does not obligate you to enroll in a class. Applications due 11/3/21.
- Flu clinics: Wesleyan mandates that all students receive a flu shot by the start of the Spring 2022 semester. Wesleyan offers flu clinics for a limited number of students to schedule an appointment to receive a flu vaccine. If you aren’t able to schedule an appointment on campus, utilize local pharmacies or consider getting a vaccine if you go home for fall break.
- CAPS Groups: The Office of Counseling & Psychological Support (CAPS) provides lots of support to Wes students. CAPS groups are a great option for students to access therapist support either separately or in addition to individual therapy.
Don’t forget to reach out to me if you need support navigating any part of your Wesleyan experience. If we haven’t met yet, please feel free to send me an email or stop by my office to say hi. I’d love to hear about your journey so far and chat about the future ahead.