Dear Wesleyan Students!
HAPPY BLACK HISTORY MONTH!
In preparation for a full and fun black history month, your Wesleyan Black Student Union (Ujamaa), has planned a month with activities for you all to participate in! This year we want to honor Black Joy, so our theme this year is adequately named “Joy: Survival Beyond Healing”
Events sponsored by the Wesleyan Black Student Union:
- Black History Month Kickback, February 8th 6pm – 7pm, Malcolm X House Lounge. Limited free t-shirts will be given out!
- BIPOC Wellness Event, February 10th 5pm – 6pm, Resource Center. Co-Sponsored with SHAPE and WesWell.
- A conversation about Loving While Black Part 1, February 18th 5pm – 6pm and Part 2, February 25th 5pm – 6pm via Zoom.
- Black History Month Artist Showcase, February 19th 6pm – 9pm WestCo (sign up sheet with this link)
- CheFarmer Matthew Raiford, February 22nd 12pm Usdan Marketplace. Co-Sponsored with Bon Appetit.
- Black History Month Party, February 26th 10pm – 2am Malcom X House Lounge.
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THESE ACTIVITIES, WHO WE ARE, AND HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE visit our WesNest Page and attend our first event on February 8th, 6pm at Malcom X House: “Black History Month Kickback.”
We are super excited for this month, and we hope y’all are too!
Wesleyan Black Student Union Board Members