Welcome from Your Class Dean!

Dear Incoming Transfer Students in the Class of 2025, 

On behalf of our colleagues in the Office of Academic Advancement and Student Affairs, it is my distinct pleasure to welcome you to Wesleyan University. I am delighted you have decided to attend Wesleyan and I look forward to you being a part of our community. 

As you may already know, the Office of Academic Advancement is staffed by professionals whose main role is supporting students throughout their time at Wesleyan. 

Students in the Class of 2025 (juniors) will work with Dean Dunn and students in the Class of 2026 (sophomores) will work with Dean Guerrero. I recognize that your class year might change depending on credit articulation; however, please know I work closely with Dean Guerrero, so do not worry. 

I understand much of what you might experience during this process based on my history of working with transfer students – I was even a transfer student myself! You are not a first-year college student; however, you are entering your first year at Wesleyan. 

While you may not feel you need as much foundational support as new incoming students need, you should still take advantage of upcoming orientation experiences designed to help you better understand how Wesleyan operates. These experiences will also help you get to know your new peers. By participating in these orientation opportunities, you will be more prepared for your entry this fall. 

I look forward to assisting you in your transition to Wesleyan. I will write to you periodically throughout the summer to provide highlights and updates as you prepare for a smooth and successful transition. These email outreaches will include information about course registration, arrival day, credit articulation, housing, campus resources and orientation. 

Activate your Wesleyan Email and WesPortal Accounts 

By now, you should have received an email with information about your WesID, username, and information on how to activate your Wesleyan email and WesPortal accounts. WesPortal is your gateway to Wesleyan and you will use it to monitor the new student checklist, preregister for courses, review your student account balance, and manage your personal profile. 

If you have not yet activated WesPortal, please do so as soon as possible. If you did not receive an email from Information Technology Services (ITS) with your login credentials, please contact Paul Turenne at pturenne@wesleyan.edu immediately. 

Best wishes for an enjoyable summer and again, please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns. 

Dean Dunn