By now you should have received an email with information about your WesID, username, and login credentials, which will give you access to your Wesleyan email and WesPortal accounts. WesPortal is your gateway to online tools, information, and resources related to all aspects of your Wesleyan experience. WesPortal provides access to your academic history, general education report, and course schedule; WesPortal is used to pre-register for courses and apply for study abroad; WesPortal provides student account balance information, and is a place where you can update your personal profile and emergency contact information. If you haven’t activated your WesPortal login credentials yet, you should do so as soon as possible.
This summer, when you login to WesPortal, you should make a point of frequently checking the New Student Checklist. The checklist will keep you informed of required upcoming tasks and deadlines that are a necessary part of the process of becoming a Wesleyan student, including submission of the Academic Interest Questionnaire, taking placement tests for math and foreign languages, submitting health forms required by the State of Connecticut, and uploading a photo of yourself for your WesID card. In July you will be using WesPortal to pre-register for Fall courses and indicate your First-Year Seminar preferences.
Watch this helpful training video for more information on how to use WesPortal!
Here is a list of action-items that I recommend you complete before you arrive on campus. Please be aware that some of these forms may have hard deadlines listed as well. Review your New Student Checklist in WesPortal early and often so you don’t miss any important dates!
- Requesting Accommodations
- Housing Selection
- If you have any preferences for residence halls, these descriptors offered by Res Life may be of use to you.
- Insurance Plan Opt-in/out
- All students are required to have health insurance by the time they arrive on campus. Wesleyan has a sponsored plan that all students are enrolled in by default. To opt out or accept the university plan and for any other questions, review information on health insurance requirements and available options; you may also contact Joyce Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meal Plan Selection
- Building Connections
- Okay, let’s take a breather, the first four agenda items were a lot! If you have any questions and aren’t sure who to ask, then that’s what the Academic Peer Advisors (APAs) are here for!
- Besides faculty and staff, your peers are one of the best resources out there; take a look at the Academic Peer Advisor bios so you can start building more connections!
- First Year Seminar (FYS) Summer Registration (Opens June 10)
- Health Forms (DUE July 1)